Welcome to web wanderers new and old. Not commenting on a particular post, but just want to say hi, ask a general question or introduce yourself? Drop me a line in the visitors' book below.

September 28, 2011

Going blog-quiet...for a while

I've been putting this off. Hoping I could do it all. Burning the candle at both ends and then some.

Unfortunately, my writing's been suffering. Writing? What writing? And this has become the online journal of an unproductive procrastinator, which is not what I want to be.


Hence the decision to go dark for a while. I'm nixing the social media, or most of it. And that means I won't be coming around and commenting on blogs for a while either. Commenting is something that, at the best of times, I spend hours on - but nonetheless seem to fall woefully short of my own expectations with. I'm not good at getting in and out quickly. I actually enjoy engaging with a blog post and with its writer. But boy does it suck up alot of time...

So yeah. I love you all dearly, but we have to spend some time apart. It's not you, it's me. ;-)

It's taken me a while to realise that I started this blog during a writing lull - shortly after I'd begun the whole query/submission process with a finished manuscript. I wasn't actively working on anything at the time. More recently though, in addition to the demands of a new baby, I've been trying to work on a new writing project, and I'm finding I can't do that and maintain the blogging/commenting.

Not sure when I'll be back. Maybe if/when I actually have professional news to impart?

Maybe when I've finished another book, and proven to myself that the first wasn't a flash in the pan.

Maybe when I'm feeling a little less burnt out.

In the meantime,  I'm always happy to engage in discussion via email, and will always love to hear your news - good, bad, or indifferent - via that method, if you are motivated to impart it. You can contact me at adinawest *at* gmail *dot* com

By the way, this post does not call for a response. In fact, please use the minute it would have taken you to do so, to instead put on the kettle and make yourself a drink. Or to stretch your arms above your head and give your eyes a break from the screen. With my compliments.

6 comments:

Bast said...

My kettle's already on, so I have a minute to spare while I wait for it to boil (seriously). Hope you enjoy your break!

Suze said...

A time to blog and a time to refrain from blogging.

Take good care.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your writing. Funny how we are in exactly the same place - I'm also poised to begin book 2, awaiting news on book 1. Hope it all goes well and look forward to hearing from you on your return.

Carol Riggs said...

Best of luck on your hiatus! Get some writing done, and don't apologize. :) We understand. Blogging IS time-consuming, and social networking in general.

K. M. Walton said...

I know your blog is sleeping, but I still wanted you to know that since we're in the same campaign group, I've spotlighted you over on my blog:

http://skateorbate.blogspot.com/

P.S. my sister and her husband live in Dee Why!! I've been to Australia twice and it is a beautiful country.

Suze said...

Happy Christmas, dear Adina! I hope to see you next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...